I would like to bring to your attention that Graduate School of Life Sciences has advertised one or two Professor positions in the Department of Developmental Biology and Neuroscience. I would appreciate if you could bring this information to the attention of qualified colleagues.
One or Two Professor positions
Department of Developmental Biology and Neuroscience of Graduate School of LIFE SCIENCES, TOHOKU UNIVERSITY
3. Research field:
Applicants should have achieved a record of distinction in a discipline of high-order brain functions, such as cognition, memory and behavior, with various advanced methods. The area of research is open, but applicants should demonstrate the potential to develop innovative and programmatic research and obtain extramural support in their area of interest. Applicants should be able to teach undergraduate and graduate lecture/laboratory courses in Neuroscience and supervise graduate and undergraduate research. Of particular relevance to this search are the extensive opportunities for interaction with faculty members of other laboratories in the graduate school.
See details at http://www.lifesci.tohoku.ac.jp/en/.
4. Start of employment:
April 1, 2017 or later
5. Required documents (use A4 papers) and a CD-ROM:
(1) Curriculum vitae
(2) List of publications (original papers, reviews, book chapters in English and those in other languages and patents should be separately listed).
(3) Ten selected reprints with short descriptions of five main papers (total, 400 words).
(4) A summary of current researches (600 words).
(5) A statement of research plans and teaching interests/philosophy (600 words).
(6) Research grants in the nearest ten years.
(7) At least two letters of reference.
(8) Others: Awards, invited presentations, organization of symposia, editors of scientific journals, committee members for scientific societies, etc.
(9) A CD-ROM that contains PDF files for (1) ~ (8) above.
6. Application deadline:
May 9, 2016
7. Send application to:
Mr. Akihiro Sawada,
Chief of General Affairs Office,
Graduate School of Life Sciences,
Katahira 2-1-1, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8577, Japan
(Write in red ink the envelope “Application for a Professor position” and use certified mail. Application documents will not be returned.)
Please contact Prof. Hiromu Yawo
(1) For details about our graduate school, please see our homepage at http://www.lifesci.tohoku.ac.jp/en/
(2) Selected applicants will be invited to an interview at Tohoku University.
(3) Tohoku University is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from women and non-Japanese are strongly encouraged.