The HFSP Journal, Frontiers of Interdisciplinary Research in the Life Sciences is a new interdisciplinary journal supported by the Human Frontier Science Program (HFSP) organization that aims to foster communication between scientists publishing high quality, innovative research at the interface between biology and the more quantitative scientific disciplines.
The HFSP Journal publishes primary research articles as well as Perspective review articles and brief Commentaries.
The HFSP Journal, is now accepting online submissions at http://www.editorialmanager.com/hfspj
Examples of such studies include but are not restricted to the following:
* Computational approaches to gene, protein or signal transduction networks
* Physical studies of the structure and dynamics of the molecular machinery of the cell
* Mathematical, chemical and physical approaches to biological processes (e.g. morphogenesis, growth, genotype/phenotype relationship)
* Novel chemical and physical approaches to studying biological phenomena (such as from synthetic chemistry and materials science)
* Single molecule approaches to biological systems
* New ways of studying intracellular processes (e.g. novel methods from non-linear optics)
* Novel physical and computational approaches to understanding brain and cognitive functions
* New methods in experimental and theoretical sciences that open up new approaches to understanding biological systems
* Mathematical and computational approaches to evolutionary studies
The first articles will appear online in December 2006 and the first issue will be published in March 2007. For more information on the HFSP Journal, please visit http://hfspj.aip.org/